Paper towel is a great kitchen assistant. But, can you put paper towel in an air fryer? Does it cause anything bad?
This article is the answer you are looking for. We have included some tips for using paper towels properly. Other alternatives are also available.
Now, are you ready for the lesson? Let’s read on to discover!
Can you put paper towel in an air fryer?
No, it isn’t a good idea. Paper towels will hinder the air fryer from properly air passing throughout the chamber and wind up in the heat source, causing a fire.
There are alternative methods to utilize paper towels in an air fryer. But, of course, not when the fryer is still hot and running.
You can use the paper towel while flavoring the fryer basket. This step makes it simpler to clean and keeps food from adhering to it.
Please follow these steps:
- Put the basket and the drawer in the air fryer and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Shut the fryer half through and take the basket out.
- Apply a thin coating of coconut oil on the basket with the paper towel until the areas that come into touch with the contents get coated.
- Return the drawer and basket to the air fryer. Then, complete the last 2 minutes of the procedure.
You do not have to worry about the air fryer getting damaged because of the paper towel. The basket can be able to keep its shape if you do the process above regularly. Moreover, cleaning the equipment often plays a vital role in maintenance.
What things should you not put in an air fryer?
Let’s see how to decide whether to use or discard certain items.
- First, avoid extreme temperature-sensitive materials.
- Next, check whether the item you’re placing into the air fryer will melt. Nobody wants melted elements from another country sticking to their meal.
- Stay away from the items that impede the air fryer’s normal flow.
- Prevent carpeting materials since they are poor heat transmitters and will result in an inconsistent roast.
- If baking dishes and pans fit in your device without impeding the airflow, you can employ them.
What if I use the paper towel improperly?
Paper usage in the air fryer is still possible. However, you have to follow the said process to guarantee the result and safety. If not, it may lead to some bad outcomes.
The consequences can be dangerous and difficult to reverse. The list of negative effects goes on and on.
But, in order to alert you to the situation, we opted to focus just on the two most important ones.
Using some sheets of paper towel to cover the basket before heating might appear to be safe. However, by doing so, you are effectively limiting ventilation in the room.
As a result, the excess heat will not uniformly disperse your food. So, the uncooked portion of the meal that came into touch with the paper will stay.
The meal will lose uniformity as a result of the unequal frying. In other words, regulating the correct rareness of your fried foods would become quite tough.
Spoiled food may be the unfortunate result. However, it is still better than the fire. Yes, a fire burning in the kitchen. There have been numerous complaints of people reporting fires in their air fryers. The only factor they all had in common was the usage of paper towels.
If there isn’t any fire, the paper towel nearly always loses its grip beneath the food and blows about the basket.
It’s a terrible disaster, believe us. Fortunately, there are several other options for dealing with these issues. Continue reading to learn everything there is to know about it.
What can I use instead of paper towels?
While applying the paper towel, our major worry is that it will obstruct airflow. And it is the impediment that leads to tragedies.
Here’s when parchment sheets come in handy. They fulfill all of the functions of the paper towel in an air fryer while still preserving airflow.
Baking parchment paper is another name for parchment paper. These sheets have minute perforations that enable air to flow through them.
These sheets stay separately from each other without sticking. We have to thank the cellulose contribution to that benefit. As a result, parchment becomes a great alternative to paper towels.
How can we use the parchment sheets?
The directions for using parchment paper are straightforward.
Look at the procedures listed below.
- Put the parchment sheet in the basket with precise proportions. It means that you shouldn’t extend the sheet beyond the basket’s brims.
- When you are done with the preheating basket, place the parchment inside.
- To prevent burning, use gloves while putting down the parchment sheet after preheating.
- The airflow will get obstructed if the bottom layer of the fryer is entirely covered. The outcomes will be the same as if you used a paper towel.
Don’t place a parchment sheet in the air fryer if there is no food on the sheet. It can easily get caught on fire owing to its dryness.
After you’ve finished frying, carefully remove your foodstuff from the basket and peel off the parchment. You may reduce the amount of time it takes to clean by half by doing so.
Related Question: Can you use an air fryer for dehydrating food?
So now you must have a correct answer to the question “Can you put towel paper in an air fryer?“. The solution is possible, but you need to carry out some steps to avoid unexpected consequences.
Using the parchment is a good idea for the air fryer. We have also shown the instructions above. No more worries with your device, right?
If you need any further information, please feel free to comment. We will be right back to assist you.
Hopefully, you find this article helpful. Thank you for reading!